ConRadical

Friday, February 24, 2006

Gain Weight and be Straight

Wayne Besen of Southern Voice

http://www.southernvoice.com/blog/index.cfm?type=blog&start=2/7/06&end=2/25/06#5039

quotes John Paulk, the poster boy for the "ex-gay" movement as saying

"My weight started to increase, and I found little desire to keep on a strict diet in order to stay fashionably slim. My very appearance was changing; I was looking less and less gay. And I was perfectly happy about it."

I certainly didn't know that being chubby made one straight or that being skinny made one gay.

I did a google search on John Paulk and it seems that the ex-gay sites continue to list him as an ex-gay success story even though he as left the Love Won Out program and Focus on the Family after having been caught cruising at a gay bar.

I am sure that with the nature of the internet there are lots of sites that haven't been corrected when information was wrong, but I am quite amazed that FOTF would continue to lift up John Paulk and to put in their article that he resigned from FOTF to spend more time with his family.



2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger PamBG said…

    Oh no! My husband is slim! Do you think I should panic? ;-)

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Conrad said…

    No, I don't think you need to panic.

    It just amazes me how people buy into stereotypes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home